Thursday, July 11, 2013

Writing.. well.. because its been a while.

I haven't written in this thing in years.. or at least over a year but I have been thinking about writing a lot lately. I always feel weird writing though. I. Don't. Know. Why. A lot has happened since my last post. Let me update all you lovelies on my life and all of its happenings. I'm going to try to post lots of pictures on here as well. SO go ahead and prepare yourself for picture OVERLOAD =)
 

Work

Well, In May of 2012, I graduated nursing school. I became the nurse I always dreamed to be.. a labor and delivery nurse. It is very fulfilling and EXHAUSTING all at the same time. Did I mention it was exhausting? haha Whoever said (if anyone ever said) that being a labor and delivery nurse was not actually a "real nurse" TOTALLY has never been a labor and delivery nurse. It definitely isn't about sitting around rockin babies all day, but I digress. I am absolutely in love with what I do and the patients that I encounter on a daily basis. God has allowed me to interact with some of the most precious and interesting people I have ever met. It is a beautiful thing to me to be able to play such a big role in the lives of people... I mean to be able to help bring a life into the world.. their life that they created together. WOW. What makes it all the more special is when I have patients that even months later bring their precious babies back up to the hospital for me to see! It definitely humbles me to know that even months later some of my patients think so highly of their experience that they bring their babies back to visit. God is so good!

Cruise

 

Recently,  we went on a cruise to the Caribbean. This year we went to Mahogany Bay, Belize, and Cozumel.  We also went on a cruise last year but went to Progresso and Cozumel. Both were amazing, and I feel so blessed that we got the opportunity to travel. I know that many don't have that opportunity due to financial constraints or personal issues so I definitely don't take the chances we are given lightly. We embrace our time together and soak up all the precious memories. This time around I got to swim with the dolphins, swim with sea turtles, ride fourwheelers on the beach, learn about the culture of the different islands, eat king crab straight out of the ocean, swim deep into the ocean, play with little ocean fish that let me touch them as they swam by, be hassled by the natives into by meaningless things, and plenty of other things.. but MOST IMPORTANTLY do all of this with my honey. He lights up my life in so many ways (even though we get on each others nerves more than enough ;)) Anywho, here are some pictures from our trip!
 








 

Oil Cleansing Method

Moving on to different happenings, recently I have begun experimenting with my skin. Now I know you all are probably thinking.. okay of all the things you could experiment with WHY in the world would you wanna experiment with your skin? Well to answer your burning question, experimenting with my skin is DEFINITELY not at the top of my list. I have recently ( within the last 6 months) gotten off my previous form of acne fighting superhero medicine because it gave me the WORST neck pain and migraines this side of Texas. They were awful and unbearable at times. So I decided to nip that problem in the butt and my neck pain and migraines instantly went away.. awesome right? Not so much.. I mean yes, I got rid of my monsters.. but then I was blessed abundantly with many many more monsters called pimples shortly after. So I continued my normal face cleansing method for a few months after getting off my medication only to find that my pimples were steadily increasing. I know anyone reading this is gonna be like for real? she just wasted like 5 minutes of my life talking about pimples.. LOL.. but I promise I am going to get to why I am writing this. Okay, so after my original acne fighting plan fell through, I turned to some natural forms of acne fighting.. I made this concoction of a sugar scrub which seemed to be working slightly.. but not quite good enough for my standards so NOW I am trying a method called the oil cleansing method. Basically, you clean your face with certain oils which cleans out your pores ridding them of oil, dirt, and anything else that can get into those little holes on a daily basis. I know you guys are thinking.. whattttt is she nuts? why would you put oil on your face to get rid of oil.. well apparently oil counteracts oil. So this method says. Skeptical? So I am.. but I have nothing to lose at the moment SO.. I am trying it. I will post a couple before pictures and hopefully a month or two down the road be able to post after pictures that actually so results. Here they are!
 
*disclaimer-Ive got a little makeup on in these pictures
 



 
Okay.. At this point I feel like I have rambled entirely more than anyone wants to hear in their whole lifetime.. So I will end this post and I hope to write more later.. ya know.. to get back into the whole making writing this into a habit thing.. but before I go I've got to post a few more pictures!
 
At that awkward, in between, "I wanna chop all my hair off right now stage" UGH. Trying to be strong and let it grow!

HOT day in OK.

My sweet perfect precious NEW cousin
 
 
Bye for now,
B.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment